Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Reports To: Director of Technical Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: Responsible for completing cost-segregation studies. Works with the senior management team, sales team, and any other contacts in order to proficiently complete reports and successfully deal with client accounts. Responsible for gathering data about client properties, and then uses the information and technical training to complete a multi-step assessment process that will efficiently complete the cost-segregation study. Responsible for assisting in the technical training efforts of new members of the team by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Constructs cost segregation reports.*
2. Responsible for preliminary research.*
3. Reviews files.*
4. Confirms signed engagement and estimate of benefits.*
5. Reviews depreciation schedule.*
6. Determines point of contact for site visit.*
7. Responsible for scheduling site visit.*
8. Reviews production instructions from company’s intranet or salesperson.*
9. Confirms service dates and cost basis for projects.*
10. Reviews plans and invoices.*
11. Responsible for printing out necessary checklists and other engineering input tools.*
12. Responsible for site visitation.*
13. Meets with contact personnel and discusses any issues not resolved during preliminary phase.*
14. Completes walk-through.*
15. Responsible for field notes and photo documenting of all relevant assets.*
16. Responsible for walking through all common areas and exterior shell, as well as walking through the outdoor site and documenting land improvements.*
17. Creates spreadsheets and documents.*
18. Inputs all building assets into filter spreadsheets.*
19. Writes up property descriptions and inserts photos in Microsoft Word template.*
20. Uses Insight to generate reports and inserts in Microsoft Word template.*
21. Adjusts template to meet specific production instructions.*
22. Responsible for review process.*
23. Uploads Microsoft Word document, spreadsheet, and photos to corporate server.*
24. Receives comments and reviews from management staff.*
25. Creates PDF upon completion and uses Insight to email to all that are indicated.*
26. Follows up with client to make sure that it is acceptable.*
27. Attends with Monday morning staff meetings, technical meetings, training sessions, and regional/company-wide meetings.*
28. Participates in training new members of the engineering team, including: contacting the client with new Engineer; performing site visit with new Engineer; supervising Engineer on his/her first written reports; and answering any questions that may come up as the new Engineer works independently.*
29. Communicates with salesperson on all correspondence with client on assigned projects.*
30. Alerts salesperson of any issues with the project.*
31. Responsible for asking questions if data or information is not complete.*
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Engineering from four-year college or university; or five years cost-segregation and/or 15 years building construction, estimating and operations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: Project Engineer (PE) certification preferred
• Engineering scales
• Architecture scales
• Electronic digitizers
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Ability to work independently
• Oral communication skills
• Written communication skills
• Ability to multitask
• Attention to detai
• Hand-eye coordination
• Customer service skills
• Ability to read and understand architectural and engineering construction plans and specifications
• Ability to successfully encourage, motivate, and mentor team members
• Ability to use industry standard cost estimation sources to ascertain the cost of various buildings and site components
• Ability to segregate building utility systems components (IRS MACRS Class lives) into different classifications based on the utilization of the system within the facility
• Ability to cost the various components of a building
Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions; work near moving, mechanical parts; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
If you don’t see a position that fits your current background and skills, feel free to reach out to us anyway and we will review your resume and keep it on file. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bedford Cost Segregation is a privately held national consulting firm specializing in providing tax centric solutions to CPA firms and their commercial real estate clients. Bedford has been providing high quality tax solutions since 2002 and is one of the largest providers of cost segregation services in the nation.
Bedford strives to be not only the largest, but also the highest quality provider in the industry, and is currently looking for individuals to join our growing team. Bedford is an equal opportunity employer.